TRANSPORTATION TO THE MARCH
Buses and trains will be coming from around New York State - for a full list of buses/trains, see the People's Climate March Transportation Page (click the New York tab), or see below. Also, see below for information about public trains from the Mid-Hudson area (Metro-North), including: Poughkeepsie, Hudson River towns, Eastern Dutchess, and points south:
Info on the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines:
From the Hudson Valley, transportation is easily available on Metro-North trains. The Hudson Line train leaving Poughkeepsie at arrives at Grand Central (GCT) at . Clearwater is urging marchers to congregate in the first 3 cars of this train. From GCT, it's a quick subway ride to one of the assembly points, stretching along Central Park West from 86th to 65th streets. Subway stops to the various assembly points can be found at peoplesclimate.org. (Environmental groups are assembling between 72nd and 77th streets). On the Harlem line, a train leaves Wassaic at , and trains leave Southeast for GCT at . See http://www.mta.info/ for schedules, maps, and fares.
Buses from around New York:
Albany – SUNY, Bus, Buy a ticket here.
Rockland County/West Nyack, Buses/Trains,
Train: Click here for info on the 4 train lines from our area into NYC
Bus #1 (ALMOST FULL!): Rockland County bus from the Palisades Mall in West Nyack. To reserve your seat, click here, (Contact info: Michelle Solomon, Email, 845-270-3889)
Bus #2: Rockland County bus from the Palisades Mall in West Nyack. To reserve your seat, click here, (Contact info: Michelle Solomon, Email, 845-270-3889)
Bus: from Northern NJ: Click here.
Public buses from Rockland: Click here.
Rome, Bus, Buy a ticket here.
Questions about transportation? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAP AND ROUTE OF THE MARCH
- March is set to start at 11:30am; We will leave Columbus Circle and go east on 59th Street
- Turn onto 6th Ave. and go south to 42nd Street
- Turn right onto 42nd Street and go west to 11th Ave
- Turn left on 11th Ave. and go south to 34th Street
We will end the March on 11th Ave. between 34th Street and 38th Street. We hope to see you there!
FAQ: WHAT TO BRING TO THE MARCH
Most importantly, bring everyone you know! Help make history with the largest climate march ever!
Bring things that help communicate the message:
- Make your own signs and banners and t-shirts and flags -- be creative.
- Carry signs or banners that let people know where you are from -- what organization, what city or state, what country. For help -- download our graphics here!
- Remember: only cardboard tubing or string can be used to carry signs, banners, flags, etc.
- Music that does not need amplification is encouraged.
Items to bring that will make your day more comfortable:
- Bring some light food and drinks -- it will be a long day.
- Wear comfortable shoes for the march and more.
- Check the weather a day or two before you come and dress appropriately.
- If it’s going to be a sunny day, bring sun screen and a hat!
What NOT to bring:
- Do not bring any amplified sound systems.
- Do not bring signs, banners or flags that are carried on wooden sticks or metal rods, only cardboard tubing or string is allowed.
- Do not weigh yourself down with unnecessary clothing or other items that you will have to carry all day long -- travel lightly.
Any additional questions? Email: email@example.com