Volume 41, Summer 2014 Sierra AtlanticSign up to receive the Sierra Atlantic online
Feature ArticlesPart I
• Chapter activist Helen Slottje wins world's largest environmental prize
• A Call to Arms: An Invitation to Demand Action on Climate Change
• Farewell to a friend: Pete Seeger was a river walker
• New York Energy Briefs
• Go solar now and get a $1,000 Sierra Club discount!
• Mining State Forest Preserve Wilderness: Not a Done Deal
• NY Shale prospects dim after six years
• Chapter calls for nominations for at-large ExCom seats
• Coming Clean, Blog of Executive Director Michael Brune: An American Moment
• Victory! Big loss for frackers as highest court affirms home rule
• Rockland's desalination fight: Two big steps forward but project still alive
• A kernel of truth about what we eat
• Obama's advice on droughts is not a long-term solution
• Secure nuclear waste at West Valley project
• An energy breakthrough for Long Island!
• Cooking for a Small Planet: Summer is the perfect time for Salad Days!
• Group Roundup Summer 2014: Rochester, Iroquois, Susquehanna
by Mark Kinnucan and Laura Haight
- Join Sierra Club Now!- Renew Your Membership- Change Your Address
Donate Today!- Our General FundTax Deductible Gifts:- Our Foundation Account- Fracking Fund- Help Keep Adirondack lands forever wild - Our Adirondack Fund- Water Sentinels
Click to learn how you can get more involved with the Sierra Club through actions in your area, upcoming outings, and calls to action!