Donate to Sierra Club's Lower Hudson Group (Westchester, Rockland & Putnam counties)
We greatly appreciate any and all donations. All of us are volunteers, and donations are a key ingredient in the mix that helps enhance our activism. Just some of the ways we use your money: Pursue vital environmental issues in our area and beyond; send a disadvantaged youngster to NY Department of Environmental Conservation summer camp for a week; pay for materials used in education, demonstrations, or communicating with public officials.
This kind of donation can be used for education and for legal expenses. It also helps Sierra Club pay for general communications such as our newsletter, meeting expenses, etc. and for fighting most environmental issues. This money can be deducted from your income for tax purposes.
1. To make a tax-deductible donation online, click here. Your donation will go through the Sierra Club Foundation and benefit our local group.
2. To make a tax-deductible donation by mail, make a check out to "Sierra Club Foundation", put "Lower Hudson Group" in the memo line, and send it to the Lower Hudson Group treasurer Sarah Wilson, 3478 Russell Place, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-1714.
3. To make a tax-deductible donation for the Rockland county desalination issue by mail, make a check out to "Sierra Club Foundation", put "desalination" in the memo line, and send it to the Lower Hudson Group treasurer Sarah Wilson, 3478 Russell Place, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-1714. To learn about the desalination issue, click "Desal/Rockland" above.
Recurring Tax-Deductible Donations (Sustaining Donations)
Many supporters of social, environmental, religious or other educational or charitable organizations use recurring donations, such as monthly. This is a way of demonstrating commitment for giving that assures regularity of support and is relatively painless for the donor and valuable for the receiving organization.
If you use PayPal, it has a very convenient option to make your donation monthly.
Thank you for considering making your donation a recurring one.
Matching Tax-Deductible Donations
Many employers offer to match employee contributions to non-profits. If your employer has such a program, please have them contact George Klein at (914) 772-3916 or firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate the verification and approval of your request for a matching donation.
This kind of donation supports our effective citizen-based advocacy and lobbying efforts. For example, it helps Sierra Club support, or oppose, new laws, appropriations, or candidates. This money cannot be deducted from your income for tax purposes.
3. To make a non-tax-deductible donation here, click this PayPal button. You can pay by credit card, or use a PayPal account:
4. To make a non-tax-deductible donation by mail, make a check out to "Sierra Club Lower Hudson Group" and send it to the Lower Hudson Group treasurer Sarah Wilson, 3478 Russell Place, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-1714.
5. As above under "Recurring Tax-Deductible Donations (Sustaining Donations)", you can make recurring non-tax-deductible donations.
Donate to Sierra Club's Atlantic Chapter (NY State)
Click here to make a donation to the chapter.
Join Sierra Club or Give to the National Sierra Club
Please click on this button to join Sierra Club, or to donate:
When you join Sierra Club, you automatically also join the local group indicated by your postal mailing address. If that address is anywhere in Rockland, Westchester or Putnam county in New York state, you automatically become a member of the Lower Hudson Group.